COOKIN' WITH GRANDMA: Green Enchiladas with Grandma Guillermina
Join KENS 5 and host Erik Kennon as we bring you some of the best recipes from local grandmas with our weeklong food special, "Cookin' with Grandma."
Grandma Guillermina is famous for her green enchiladas! Her recipe comes from her mother-in-law. She was nice enough to share it with us.
Guillermina loves her spices! For her rendition of green enchiladas, she adds five Serrano peppers. Of course, she says you can use less if you can't handle the heat.
Her grandson is training to be a chef, and he watches Guillermina as she teaches him the importance of cooking with clean, fresh ingredients--and cooking with love. And Guillermina loves to cook for her family!
Thank you so much, Grandma Guillermina, for sharing your love and for sharing your recipe.
Grandma Guillermina's Green Enchiladas
- 12 corn tortillas
- Chicken breast package
- Green tomatoes
- Chiles Serranos at your discretion
- White onion
- Fresh cheese/ queso fresco
- Fresh cream/ crema fresca
- Canola oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Chop onion into thin slices
- Break apart cheese into crumbles
- Fry tortillas in canola oil
- Crumble the chicken
- Heat up the green tomatoes, chiles Serranos, garlic, and salt in a small casserole dish
- Add the ingredients from the previous step to a blender with a small amount of water. Blend to desired consistency/
- Once the tortillas are fried, add the chicken
- Spread the green sauce, cheese, and onion
- Bake for 10 minutes, and voila -- you are ready to eat deliciosas enchiladas
Are you interested in appearing on a future edition of "Cookin' with Grandma?" Email us with your name, address, contact phone number and a description of your special dish!