Join KENS 5 and host Erik Kennon as we bring you some of the best recipes from local grandmas with our weeklong food special, "Cookin' with Grandma."
We're wrapping up our week in the kitchen by visiting Grandma Consuela.
In this episode, she'll be showing us how to make Papas con Camarones!
Grandma Consuela's Camarones y Papas
- 6 large potatoes (golden), chopped
- 3 large ripe vine tomatoes, chopped
- ½ large white onion
- 2 clove of garlic, chopped
- 1 serrano pepper, chopped
- 1 1 lb bag frozen, cooked, peeled, deveined shrimp
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tbsp oil (corn or canola)
- Pepper to taste
- Puree tomatoes, onions, and garlic in a blender.
- Fry pureed sauce for 5-6 minutes.
- Add potatoes and shrimp.
- Cover with water. Add more if you want more broth.
- Cook until potatoes are fork tender.
- Serve in a bowl with rice and squeeze some lime juice over it.
This is better the next day and any leftover broth can be frozen for the next time. Simple but so delicious!
Are you interested in appearing on a future edition of "Cookin' with Grandma?" Email us with your name, address, contact phone number and a description of your special dish!