The music, margaritas and Mexican food were aplenty Tuesday night at El Charro on the Ridge, as was the color pink.

CBS19's Tashara Parker and Doc Deason were among local celebrities who waited tables for a good cause.

All of their tips and 10% of the restaurant's profit Tuesday went to Susan G. Komen Race For the Cure.

75% of the net proceeds raised through the race stay in Tyler/Smith County to fund breast cancer prevention and treatment programs. The remaining 25% go toward Komen's national priorities, which include research.

Komen Board Member Karla Hutchinson is a six-year breast cancer survivor. The race leaves her inspired each year.

"It's a celebration on that day, a celebration of all the ones that have been through [breast cancer] or are going to go through it," said Hutchinson.

Dr. Sasha Vukelja, an oncologist with Texas Oncology, said the mammograms and research funded by the race have saved countless lives.

"Early detection is key because that's why we have cures," she said. "One day, one day we won't have breast cancer."

Tyler Race for the Cure will be held Saturday, May 13 at Bergfeld Park, 1510 S College Ave. The 5K is scheduled for 8 a.m.

Click here for registration information.