Ten year old Michael Lohman is recovering after a severe snake bite.

Michael was bitten by a water moccasin on his finger Sunday, AT Lear Park IN Longview.

For days, he was given anti-venom to help lower the pain and infection on his finger. Michael's mother says following her son's accident...she's a bit concerned about how safe it is at Lear Park.

Longview City Spokesperson Shawn Harra says the city has surveyed the area and although they have not found any snakes, they will continue to monitor.

Michael's mother says he is not out of the clear yet, doctors are waiting to see how his body will respond to the anti-venom medication.

He also says he is thankful for all the prayers and support during this difficult time.