A house fire in Lindale is still under investigation after the flames started earlier Sunday afternoon.

Lindale firefighters responded to the fire at 4:58 p.m. Sunday and when they arrived to the scene, the entire house was in flames and the roof had collapsed.

No one was home during this fire and fire officials are notifying the family. However, one firefighter saved a cat that was inside the home.

Neighbor, Dewayne Owens says that he heard a loud noise in his living room, resembling a plane crash. After hearing the noise, Owens went outside and saw his neighbor's home was on fire.

A preliminary report has revealed that lightning caused the blaze.

Refresh for updates.