Police increased the reward for a 26-year-old Texas Most Wanted Fugitive to $10,000 if information that leads to his capture comes in during the month of November.
Carlos Alberto Gonzalez-Barahona is an El Salvadorian national, affiliated with the Mara Salvatrucha, or MS-13, gang who has been deported multiple times.
He is currently wanted for murder and aggravated kidnapping after allegedly shooting and killing his estranged girlfriend at their apartment in Northwest Houston on June 18.
According to police, he also allegedly kidnapped the driver of a pickup at gunpoint in Brazoria County, abandoning the truck off of Highway 59 in Wharton County on June 20.
After the alleged kidnapping, police believe Gonzalez-Barahona may have fled to Mexico.
The reward for his capture is now $10,000, and Houston Crime Stoppers is also offering a reward of up to $5,000 for information leading to Gonzalez-Barahona's charging and/or arrest.
Gonzalez-Barahonais about 5 feet 10 inches tall and has numerous tattoos including:
- HOUSTON on the back of his left arm
- TEXAS on the back of his right arm
- GONZALEZ on his upper back
- 281 on his left arm
- 713 on his right arm
- additional tattoos on his abdomen, back, chest, legs, arms both wrists and right ear.
To be eligible for the cash rewards, people who provide a tip must give information to the authorities using one of the five following ways:
- Call the Crime Stoppers hotline at 1-800-252-TIPS (8477)
- Text the letters "DPS" - followed by your tip - to 274637 (CRIMES) from your cell phone
- Submit a web tip through the DPS website by choosing the fugitive you have information about, and then clicking on the link under their picture
- Submit a Facebook tip here by clicking the "SUBMIT A TIP" link (under the "About" section).
- Submit a tip through the DPS Mobile App. The app is available for iPhone users on the Apple App Store: here and for Android users on Google Play: here
All tips are anonymous and people who provide tips are given a tip number instead of using a name.
For more information or updates in the event of his arrest, see his wanted bulletin here.