If you plan on casting a vote in Texas, you will have to bring a valid form of a photo identification to the polling place.
That can include:
- Valid Texas driver's license
- Texas personal identification card
- Military identification card
- Texas handgun license
- United States citizenship certificate
- United States passport
Those who do not have a valid photo identification can vote if they a "reasonable impediment declaration" and present one of the following supporting documents:
- Expired Texas license or personal identification card
- Voter registration card
- Government check or any other government document with your name and address
- Utility bill
If you live in Smith County and would like to find a nearby polling place, you can visit the Smith County website.
If you live in Gregg County and would like to find a nearby polling place, you can visit the Gregg County Votes website.