Digestive Health Specialists of Tyler originated in 1982 as a three physician group, known then as Tyler Gastroenterology Associates. Dr. Freeman was one of the original members. The original office and outpatient endoscopy center were located on Turtle Creek Drive. Dr. Meyers joined the group in 1986, followed shortly after by Drs. Green and Radford in 1988.
Tyler Gastroenterolgy Associates later merged with Medical-Surgical Clinic, Cardiovascular Consultants, and Mother Frances Hospital to form Trinity Mother Frances Health System in 1995.
Dr. DuVall joined the group in 1997, followed in 1998 by Dr. Seidel. Our current group, now consisting of 6 physicians and one Nurse Practitioner, Machelle McDowell, separated from the multispecialty group of Trinity Clinic in 2003, and was renamed Digestive Health Specialists of Tyler.
DHST and Endoscopy Center of Tyler are now located at 1720 S. Beckham in the Tyler Medical Park building. We also provide GI services to other locations throughout East Texas during the week. Present travel locations include:
- Presbyterian Hospital - Winnsboro
- East Texas Medical Center - Quitman
- East Texas Medical Center - Pittsburg
- Cozby Germany Hospital - Grand Saline
- East Texas Medical Center - Jacksonville