How to use a dough press:
Follow the directions in the box to make delicious empanadas, calzones, hand pies, and other great recipes. For the dough you can use pie crust, refrigerated pizza dough or puff pastry. This is great fun for the kids and they can get more involved by creating their own filling.
Cut the pizza dough to the size of the press. Fill with cheese, pizza sauce and other toppings. Don’t overfill. Brush egg around the edges. Press closed. Cut away excess, open the press and place on a greased baking sheet. Cook according to package instruction.
- Cinnamon Filling (enough for 9 tarts)
- 1/2 cup (3 3/4 ounces) brown sugar
- 1 to 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, to taste
- 4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg, to brush on pastry before filling
- 3/4 cup (8 ounces) jam
1 tablespoon cornstarch mixed with 1 tablespoon cold water
(© 2016 KYTX)