TYLER (KYTX) - Tyler firefighters were dispatched to 2315 Devine St. for a reported fire involving a generator at a local residence. The initial call was received around 1:45 p.m., with the caller reporting that a generator was on fire in close proximity to a storage building behind the residence.
Firefighters observed smoke conditions while en route to the scene and upgraded the incident to a two-alarm call. Five engines and one Ladder Company, along with a District Chief and an Investigator responded to the scene. Upon arrival, the fire had spread to a nearby storage building and was fully involved. Firefighters discovered propane bottles in the building and quickly worked to extinguish the fire, while also preventing the bottles from overheating.
Investigators with the Tyler Fire Marshal's Office are currently on location and will begin investigating the cause of the fire once firefighters complete their operations. Additional information will be released as it becomes available.