1 person injured from burns sustained in Kilgore house fire

KILGORE (KYTX) - A house fire in Kilgore Tuesday morning left one person with minor burns to her legs.

Kilgore Fire Department contained the fire just before 7:30 in the 500 block of Turner Street.

Fire Chief Mike Simmons tells KYTX CBS 19 that there was only one person home at the time of the fire.

The woman was initially taken to Good Shepherd Medical Center of Kilgore but was later transferred to Parkland Hospital in Dallas for treatment of possible 2nd Degree burns.

Chief Simmons says the home is more than likely an 80 to 100% loss.


JOIN THE CONVERSATION

To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment
TRENDING VIDEOS