TYLER (KYTX) – On March 13th, the Smith County Sheriff's Office arrested Winston Barnes, age 25, and Steven Prior, age 35, for attempting to break into an ATM at Kelly Federal Credit Union on Highway 31 West.
Today, the Sheriff's Office announced that as a result of a search warrant served on Prior's residence and vehicle, several burglary cases have been linked to Barnes and Prior and the following property has been recovered.
Investigated by the Lindale PD:
- Three burglary of a building cases at new construction sights, including approximately $5,000 in construction tools.
- Three thefts, including a John Deere riding mower valued at $1,750, two zero-turn Dixie Chopper lawnmowers valued at $30,000, and an Echo Weedeater valued at $300.
Investigated by the Tyler PD:
- Trailer thefts, including a box trailer and a flat bed trailer.
- Attempted ATM theft, separate from the KFCU ATM theft.
- Burglary in Tennessee
- Burglary in Washington State.
Additional charges are pending.