Chief: Bumpus House fire ruled inconclusive

GLADEWATER/GREGG COUNTY (KYTX) - The cause of an Aug. 16 fire that destroyed the Bumpus House in Gladewater has been ruled inconclusive, Gladewater Fire Chief Wayne Smith said this afternoon.

Smith said his department "exhausted all financial resources" in the past two weeks trying to determine a cause of the fire, including enlisting the held of the Gregg County Fire Marshal's Office. Howver, with no more available finances either locally or from the county, Smith said the investigation will end.


JOIN THE CONVERSATION

To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment