Combustibles stored to close to heater cause of Tyler House fire

From the Tyler Fire Department:

TYLER (KYTX) - The Tyler Fire Department was dispatched to a residential structure fire this morning at 2512 Lynn Dr. 

The initial call was received at approximately 10:40 a.m., with reports of smoke and flames visible in the structure.  Five emergency units responded to the incident.

Firefighters quickly determined the source of the fire and extinguished the blaze, minimizing the damage to the residence.  Investigators with the Tyler Fire Marshal's Office located the area of fire origin near the home's heating unit.  The fire resulted from combustibles that were stored too close to the heat source.  No injuries were reported.

The Fire Department reminds citizens to keep anything that can burn at least 3 feet away from any potential heat source.  Additionally, citizens are encouraged to check all smoke alarms regularly and practice their home fire escape plan. 

For more information regarding fire prevention and safety, please contact the Tyler Fire Marshal's Office at 903-535-0007.


JOIN THE CONVERSATION

To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment
TRENDING VIDEOS