Como home explosion victim identified

Mobile home fire

 

 

UPDATE: (KMOO) - A Como man was airlifted Monday night to Parkland Hospital in Dallas after an explosion at his home.

Authorities say a propane tank exploded at the home of Don Meeks on Jefferson Street, igniting the home in flames.

Meeks suffered burns to his arms and head. Fire officials say the blaze began to rekindle at about 2:30 Tuesday morning, and firefighters were called to the scene to put it out again.

 


Como (KYTX) - At least one person is seriously injured in a mobile home fire.

 

It happened shortly before 8 last night in the 300 block of Jefferson Street in Como. Firefighters believe a propane tank may have exploded and started the fire. Hopkins County authorities say one person was flown to Parkland Burn Center in Dallas with serious burns to his head and arms.

We've also learned the fire rekindled around 2:30 this morning, and firefighters were called to the scene to put it out again. Several fire departments from Hopkins County responded to help put out the fire.


JOIN THE CONVERSATION

To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment
TRENDING VIDEOS
More Stories