(CNN) - More than four days since Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 disappeared over Southeast Asia, Malaysian officials not only don't know what happened to the plane, they don't seem sure where to look.
On Wednesday, officials announced they have once again expanded the search area. It now covers 27,000 square miles -- in the Straits of Malacca and in the South China Sea.
The lack of a clear direction prompted Vietnam to say Wednesday that it's pulling back on its search efforts until Malaysian authorities come up with better information on where to look.
"We have scaled down the searches for today and are still waiting for the response from Malaysian authorities," Phan Quy Tieu, Vietnam's vice minister of transportation, told reporters.
He described as "insufficient" the information provided so far on the airline, which vanished early Saturday over Southeast Asia with 239 people on board.
At a news conference Wednesday, Malaysian transportation minister Hishamuddin Bin Hussein defended his government's approach.
The story from a woman in Australia raises new questions about one of the co-pilots on missing Malaysia Airlines flight 370. Jonti Roos says she met the co-pilot, two years ago. She says Fariq Ab Hamid let two teenagers he had just met ride with him on the flight deck. She knows, because she was one of them. Roos says it didn't seem out of the ordinary.