Early morning fire causes significant damage to Longview home

LONGVIEW (KYTX) - Longview Fire Department responded to a residential fire at 1211 Tulane Dr. at 4:11 Tuesday morning.

On arrival fire crews found fire coming from the living room area of the home. The resident had already exited the house and was not harmed by the fire.

Just before the fire, the resident had entered the living room turning on a lamp which resulted in the bulb popping after replacing the bulb and when it still did not work, she checked the breaker. After two attempts, the breaker held. The resident then returned to the living room to find the drapes and portion of the area near the wall plug on fire. The smoke alarm did sound according to the resident.

The fire caused significant damage to the residence with heat and smoke damage throughout. The homeowner was insured. The cause of the fire is related to the electrical components of the house.

As a measure of safety: Anytime a breaker will not reset with one attempt it is advisable to unplug any appliances and devices, leave the breaker off, then have a certified electrician provide a service inspection of the electrical wiring and related components. A breaker is a safety device of the electrical system and indicates overloads and other circuitry issues by "tripping".

 


JOIN THE CONVERSATION

To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment
TRENDING VIDEOS