East Texas man dies of burn injuries

MARSHALL (KYTX) - A Marshall man has died from severe burn injuries after he attempted to ignite a fire in a wood-burning stove with a flammable liquid.

Marshall Battalion Chief Jack Hanson said the 22-year-old man died Friday at Parkland Hospital in Dallas where he had been transferred following Thursday nights incident.

Chief Hanson said the victim poured paint thinner into the fire to help ignite it. As a result the paint thinner flashed back into the can burning the man.

The incident occurred inside a work shop around 7:30 p.m. at 3801 South Washington Ave. in Marshall.


JOIN THE CONVERSATION

To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment