Electrical wiring cause of early morning fire in Longview

Released by Longview Fire Marshal Johnny Zackary

LONGVIEW/GREGG COUNTY (KYTX) - At or around 5:45 this morning, Longview Fire Department crews responded to 1216 Ridgelea Dr. for a structure fire.

On arrival, fire crews found heavy fire coming from the front living room and porch area of the home.

Fire and smoke damage was confined to the areas of the porch and living room and adjacent bedroom. The fire originated in the wall between the front porch and living room. The cause of the fire was traced to the electrical plug and wiring in the wall that served a window unit, front porch light and other lighting fixtures.

No injuries reported and one resident was displaced as a result of the fire. Red Cross information was given to the occupant.

 


JOIN THE CONVERSATION

To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment
TRENDING VIDEOS