Fire investigators believe the fire started near a container being used as an ashtray on an upstairs balcony. Fire patterns indicate that the fire had smoldered for some time prior to actual smoke and flames being noticed by the neighbor.
(KYTX) - Four families are forced out of their apartments Wednesday night by a fire.
No one was hurt thanks to an alert neighbor who immediately jumped into action.
The fire broke out at the Wood Trails Apartment at Shiloh and Paluxy around 6:45 pm.
It appears the fire started on the balcony of a second floor unit and quickly spread next door and then to the attic of the building.
One woman who smelled smoke quickly reported the fire.
"One of the ladies went outside, she saw smoke coming from the balcony. She quickly ran around alerting everyone in the apartment that there was a fire on the balcony."
Four apartments were left with smoke and water damage.
People living in them were being moved to other units at the complex.