Fire causes minimal damage to Tyler business

Tyler Fire Department:

TYLER (KYTX) - The Tyler Fire Department was dispatched to a reported structure fire at approximately 6:45 a.m. Tuesday at Sam's Furniture Outlet located at 2318 Old Henderson. 

Three Engines and one Ladder Company, along with a District Chief and an Investigator responded to the scene.

Firefighters arriving on scene extinguished the fire quickly resulting in minimal damage to the structure.

Investigators from the Fire Marshal's Office determined the fire started in a plastic trash can where rags soaked in linseed oil used to treat furniture were discarded. 

The damage was limited to a nearby refrigerator and cabinet. 

No injuries were reported.


JOIN THE CONVERSATION

To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment