Fire closes Jacksonville Sonic restaurant

Fire fighters battled an air conditioning-related fire at the Sonic on South Jackson Street Saturday afternoon.

The fire started around 4:30pm. Dispatchers the flames were under control by 5:45pm. Around that time an employee at the restaurant said it was too soon to say how bad the damage was, adding that fire fighters were still on the scene.

Later Saturday evening the restaurant owner confirmed a problem with the HVAC system had led to the fire, adding that no one was hurt.

The restaurant is closed until further notice.


To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment