Fire Destroys Mobile Home

Fire Destroys Mobile Home

(SMITH COUNTY) - An East Texas woman loses her home in a cooking fire.

It happened around 8:30 Monday night on County Road 246 N -- that's in eastern Smith County. Smith County Fire Investigators say the stove caught on fire. The fire then spread to other parts of the mobile home. The homeowner was the only one inside at the time and made it out safely. Fire investigators are reminding people to be careful when cooking. 

"If you are doing any kind of cooking especially on a stove, just make sure you pay attention to it. Keep an eye on it. If things start to boil over, get it off the stove. Cool stuff down. Always pay attention when your cooking," says Kevin Landoff  Smith County Fire Marshal's Office Deputy.

Firefighters from Jackson Heights, Chapel Hill and Arp helped put the fire out. 



To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment
More Stories