FIre that burned down The Pride House in Jefferson caused by Dishwasher

JEFFERSON (KYTX) -  The Pride House, an ornate two-story Victorian home built in 1888 and believed to be the first bed and breakfast in Texas, burned down during the overnight hours of August 28th. 

According to the House's Facebook Page, the cause of the fire was an electrical short in the dishwasher. 

The Pride House was built by lumberman George Washington Brown, and later purchased by John Griffin Bender. It was named Pride House after the son of the third family to own the home. Many of the family members who have lived in this home seem to have loved it so much that they have decided to stay, as there are many claims of paranormal activity in the home.


JOIN THE CONVERSATION

To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment
TRENDING VIDEOS