TYLER - The City of Tyler Solid Waste Department and Keep Tyler Beautiful are again offering a FREE bulky item collection.
This free service runs from Oct. 2 until Oct. 6 for residential customers.
Bulky items to be picked up at NO CHARGE include furniture, appliances, carpet, fence material, up to four non-commercial vehicle tires, old toys and other large items that would normally require a special fee. No liquid waste, limbs or brush will be picked up. Paint must be dried out with oil dry or kitty litter.
The items may be collected at a different day from when they are placed on the curb.
For those City of Tyler residential customers who cannot participate during this campaign, many bulky items will be accepted at no charge during regular business hours at the City of Tyler Recycling Center if the resident presents an original water bill not more than 45 days from the bill date along with a current ID.
The recycling center is open Monday through Friday, 7:15 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. and Saturday, 8 a.m. to 2 p.m., and is located at 418 N. Bois D’Arc Ave., Downtown Tyler.
The following items are accepted at the Recycling Center:
- Paper (newspapers, magazines, phonebooks, ads and office paper)
- Cardboard of any type (broken down)
- Plastic (rinsed and crushed #1 and #2 HDPE, lids removed; examples- water or soda bottles, milk jugs and detergent bottles)
- Glass (rinsed clear, green and brown glass bottles and jars with lids removed) NO BLUE GLASS OR MIRRORS
- Ink Cartridges
- Electronics (computers, TVs, monitors, cell phones, chargers and other portable devices)
- Metal (copper, aluminum, brass and steel)
- Aluminum cans (rinsed and crushed, no aluminum pie plates or tin)
- Household appliances including air conditioners and refrigerators DO NOT require a disposal fee this week as long as you provide a current water bill
- Motor oil/hydraulic fluid
- Automotive batteries/anti-freeze
For more information about the free bulky item collection, click here.
© 2018 KYTX-TV