People who are infected with Zika may have little or no symptoms, the most common being:
- Joint Pain
- Conjunctivis (red eyes)
- Muscle Pain
Symptoms can be mild, and can last for several days.
CDC recommends special precautions for Pregnant Women/or could become Pregnant
Do not travel to an area with Zika
- Do not travel to areas with Zika.
- If you must travel, talk to your doctor or other healthcare provider first and take steps to plan for travel.
- If your sex partner travels to an area with Zika, protect yourself from getting Zika during sex.
What to do if you live in or travel to an area with Zika
- Take steps to prevent mosquito bites.
- Take steps to prevent getting Zika through sex.
- Talk with your doctor or healthcare provider.
(© 2016 KYTX)