House fire reported on Houston Street in Longview

Released by Longview Fire Marshal Johnny Zackary

LONGVIEW/GREGG COUNTY (KYTX) - At or around 12:20 p.m., Longview fire crews responded to a residential fire in the 1500 block of Houston Street.

Fire was coming out of the side and back windows of the kitchen and the roof portion of the residence when the first fire crew arrived.

Both residents were at home at the time of the fire; both were able to exit without injury as a result of the fire. The fire cause is due to burnt food being placed into a trash can, which spread to a wall covered with wood paneling.

The home owner attempted to extinguish the fire with a fire extinguisher. Unfortunately, the home was not insured, the owner had built the home himself years ago. He said he can re-build and he had a lot of work ahead of him.

The occupants were displaced by the fire and plan to stay with family as they begin to recover from the loss.


To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment