UPDATE: The U.S. Department of Justice Eastern District of Texas has announced more arrests in this week's federal drug sweep in Upshur County.
Spokesman Davilyn Walston says nine people were arrested Tuesday and Wednesday in the sting. Seven of the nine defendants appeared in federal court in Texarkana for arraignment Wednesday.
Also arrested were 51-year-old Cynthia Blalock Hall, and 39-year-old Dejuan Martez Cheatham, both of Gilmer.
If convicted, the nine defendants face between five and 40 years in federal prison, up to $5 million in fines and at least four years of supervised release.
UPDATE: UPSHUR COUNTY (KYTX) - Carlos Lopez Brooks was released from the Upshur County Jail this afternoon on $13,500 bond, according to online records.
Released by Gilmer Police Department
UPDATE: In the early morning hours of April 09, 2013 Gilmer Police along with Kilgore Police Department, Drug Enforcement Administration, Texas Department of Public Safety, Upshur County Sheriff's Office and Gregg County CODE Unit served nine (9) federal Indictments on individuals who were the targets of an illegal narcotic conspiracy investigation that has been ongoing for approximately nine months.
The suspects who were arrested on the federal indictments are:
* William Avery "Preacher" Griffin 56 year old Gilmer man indicted for one count of conspiracy to distribute heroin, two counts of distribution of heroin and aiding and abetting, One count of possession of intent to distribute heroin and aiding and abetting.
* Lindsey Noel Rawls 23 year old Gilmer woman indicted for conspiracy to distribute heroin, one count of possession with the intent to distribute heroin and aiding and abetting
* Denise Stewart Driggers 55 year old Gilmer woman indicted for three counts of conspiracy to distribute heroin,
*Ruby Faye Cooper 55 year old female Gilmer woman indicted for one count of conspiracy to distribute heroin and three counts of distribution of heroin and aiding and abetting
*Paul Allen Wiggington 55 year old Gilmer man indicted for one count of conspiracy to distribute heroin, four counts of distribution of heroin
* Lidia Gail Brooks Olivares 32 year old Gilmer woman indicted for one count of conspiracy to distribute heroin, two counts of possession with intent to distribute heroin and aiding and abetting, one count of distribution of heroin and aiding and abetting.
* Jerry Milton Bryant 58 year old Gilmer man indicted for one count of conspiracy to distribute heroin and three counts of distribution of heroin and aiding and abetting.
During the service of these warrants, officers located firearms at the home of Lydia Brooks and Carlos Brooks. Therefore, Carlos Lopez Brooks, 45, of Gilmer, was arrested and charged with felon in possession of a firearm and tampering with identification numbers. Gilmer Police said more indictments have been issued for other suspects in this case however, their names cannot be released until their indictments are unsealed.
GILMER (KYTX) - Gilmer police confirmed this morning that it, along with Federal Agents, served drug arrest warrants Tuesday throughout the Gilmer area.
No other information has been released, including the number of people arrested or charges.
KYTX CBS 19 will continue to update this story as more information becomes available.