AUSTIN - National Prescription Drug Take-Back Day is coming around again, serving as an opportunity for people to safely destroy expired, unused or unwanted medication.
The next such day will be Oct. 28, 2017 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. During the April 2017 drug take-back, the DEA reported collecting around 450 tons of unwanted medicines.
The following locations in the East Texas area are among the 5,000 collection sites around the country that will be accepting drop-offs:
- Tyler Police Department at the Broadway Square Mall
- Kilgore Police Department, 909 Kilgore Stree
- Henderson Fire Department #2, 612 Hwy 709N
- Palestine Mall, 2000 South Loop 256
- Jacksonville Police Department, 315 S. Ragsdale Street
- Athens Police Department, 201 W. Corsicana Street
- Henderson Count Sheriff's Office, 206 Murchison Street
- Nacogdoches County Sheriff's Office, 2306 Douglass Hwy
- Gilmer Police Department, 1218 Hwy 271 N
Not see a site close to you? TAP HERE for more information from the DEA. Click on the “National Prescription Drug Take-Back Day” icon and enter your zip code in the search window.
© 2018 KYTX-TV