Tyler city council convened on Sept. 14 to review and vote on several agenda items.
During today's meeting, many items on the agenda were voted on, including:
- 2016-17 budget unanimously approved.
- Increase in water and sewer taxes unanimously approved.
- Unanimously approved a 5.84% property tax increase.
- One cent of ad valorem tax rate will be allocated to create annual street improvement fund.
- Approved construction of Runway 4/22 project 3 at Tyler Pounds airport.
Council member John Nix stated he was "extremely proud" of city staff who worked on the budget.