LONGVIEW - A Longview boy is recovering after setting himself on fire.
Harrison County Deputies responded to a call at 7:30 PM Tuesday night at the Big Oak Mobile Home Community. When they arrived they found out a 10 year old boy was sent to Good Shepherd Hospital for second and third degree burns.
"The boy created a flammable mixture of gasoline, lit the fuse,his friend saw the fire and kicked it which caused the liquid to spill on to the boy." Harrison County Sheriff Deputy Jay Webb says. "The boy was burned from the waist up."
Webb also tells us there will be no charges filled for the incident. "This was just a tragic mistake that shows you how dangerous fire is to play with," Webb says. "He is doing better."
© 2018 KYTX-TV