LONGVIEW - A 10-year-old Longview child was badly burned over much of the right side of his back and torso in an accident that happened around 7:40 p.m. Oct. 8.
According to a preliminary report, the accident happened when the boy allegedly lit a piece of material on fire, threw it into a cup containing gasoline possibly mixed with paint thinner. the mixture erupted into flames.
Another child tried to extinguish the flames by throwing the cup against a fence, but the liquid splashed back onto the first child, catching his t-shirt on fire.
The child's parents took him to a Longview hospital where he was treated for second- and third-degree burns. He was later transported to Dallas for further treatment.
© 2018 KYTX-TV