Overton family displaced after grease fire

Overton family displaced after grease fire scorched home

OVERTON - An Overton family was displaced from their home after a grease fire that started in the kitchen swept through the house Thursday night. 
 
It's unclear what sparked the fire but homeowner Robert Furguson says he was in the den when he heard his wife.
 
"They was screamin'. I heard that," Furguson said.
 
According to Furguson, firefighters from Overton, New London, and several surrounding cities arrived on the scene within minutes.
 
Robert and his family made it out safely but their two dogs did not. 
 
"They brought em' out. Wrapped in a blanket. They are such good people," Furguson said about the firefighters.
 
David Gerald, one of the firefighters who responded to the scene, stopped by the Furguson house Friday to check on them. 
 
"We are all family. I mean, we are a fire department. But we are fire department for the people," Gerald said. 
 
Donations for the Furguson family are currently being accepted at the Overton Fire Department.
 

(© 2016 KYTX)


JOIN THE CONVERSATION

To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment