Two displaced, two pets reported dead after morning structure fire in Tyler

Two Tyler residents are displaced and two pets are dead after a morning fire.  
 
Tyler firefighters responded to a two-alarm structure fire early this morning around 8 a.m. in the 400 block of Thigpen Dr.
 
Crews arrived on scene to find smoke coming from a single unit and quickly made entry and brought the fire under control. 
 
The unit sustained heavy fire damage to the kitchen and substantial smoke damage throughout.  It was determined after investigation that the fire started in the kitchen on a countertop located next to the stove. 
 
It appears the fire might have been caused from a burner being inadvertently on, igniting nearby combustibles. Two individuals were displaced as a result of the fire and two pets did not survive.
 

Tyler Morning Telegraph


JOIN THE CONVERSATION

To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment