Longview family displaced after Monday morning house fire

LONGVIEW/GREGG COUNTY (KYTX) - A house fire Monday morning has displaced a South Longview family, Fire Marshal Johnny Zackary said.

Firefighters responded to the fire at 2206 13th Street at 7:52 a.m. Monday. When they arrived, heavy smoke was reported in a back bed room and the attic, Zackary said. He determined that the fire started from a small electric space heater placed too close to a bed.

Firefighters extinguished the fire within 20 minutes, he said. Three people including a child lived at the home, but no one was injured - the family was taking the child to school at the time of the fire.

The American Red Cross has responded to help the family, which did have fire insurance, Zackary said.


JOIN THE CONVERSATION

To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment