Longview fire crews respond to blaze at multi-family dwelling

LONGVIEW (KYTX) - Longview fire crews battled a fire Wednesday afternoon on Melton Street in Longview.

Three apartments were damaged after a resident used a stove to heat an apartment, said Longview Fire Marshal Johnny Zachary.

Longview Fire Department received the call just before noon Wednesday. A relative visiting a woman at the apartment where the fire originated saw smoke and evacuated, Zachary said.

Flames were visible from the upstairs windows, but only the apartment where the fire started was occupied at the time. No injuries were reported.

Zachary said some property may be salvageable from two of the apartments, however one was a total loss.

Property records show the location is owned by Joe Collier.

The American Red Cross was on scene to assist residents.


JOIN THE CONVERSATION

To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment
TRENDING VIDEOS