Neighbors save East Texas family from their burning home

 LINDALE (KYTX) – Some quick action by neighbors are being credited for saving a Lindale family from their burning home.

The Smith County Fire Marshall's office reports the blaze occurred early Sunday morning at a home located at 15330 County Rd 4117.

The fire appears to have started in the kitchen area where a stove was left unattended.

The McDaniels were asleep at the time, but were awakened by 4 male neighbors who saw smoke coming from the home. The neighbors were able to break several windows getting the family out safely. A puppy reportedly died in the fire.

The house suffered heavy smoke and water damage. Lindale and Red Springs Volunteer Fire Departments responded to the fire.

The McDaniels tell CBS19 they have two smoke alarms wired into their mobile home that didn't go off. They are in the process of figuring out their options, since they do have home insurance.


JOIN THE CONVERSATION

To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment