On the Boarder in Tyler shutdown after kitchen fire

On the Boarder in Tyler shutdown after kitchen fire

 (KYTX) - Tyler's "On the Boarder" Mexican restaurant is shut down after a fire today.  
 
 Investigators say faulty wiring is to blame. 

Employees noticed the fire earlier this morning when they went to start cooking lunch. The kitchen ventilation system was burning.
     
Turns out maintenance workers had temporarily turned off a fan on the roof and a bad relay switch never allowed it to come back on.

"There were people here that were here to work on that system but it was routine maintenance. They weren't here because they had a problem," says Tyler Fire Marshall Tony Gumber

"The system contained it and the firefighters have checked out the building."
 
Health inspectors checked out the kitchen after the fire was out. The restaurant is closed at least through the end of the day.

 

 


JOIN THE CONVERSATION

To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment
TRENDING VIDEOS