You can protect your home and business with tips from the Better Business Bureau.
• When away from home, make sure your house and outbuildings are securely locked.
• Store all tools and wire cutters in secure location.
• Secure construction sites and consider hiring a night security guard.
• For larger targets, like air conditioning units, keep the area fenced in and the fences locked.
• Move dumpsters and ladders away from buildings to make it difficult for thieves to reach rooftop refrigeration units.
• Marking items with bright paint, and etching an identification number at various places can make materials stand out.