Report: Child dies in Center after choking on grape, no medical service available

Report: Child dies in Center after choking on grape, no medical service available

CENTER/SHELBY COUNTY (KYTX) - An 18-month-old child died Monday night after choking on a grape, when the family could not find medical services.

The family of Edith Esmeralda Gonzales searched the Center community looking for medical attention. But because the local hospital was shut down in July, the family took the child to a local CVS Pharmacy, where police later arrived. The child was pronounced dead, after all available ambulances were busy transporting other patients to hospitals outside of Shelby County.

To read more about this story, click here.


JOIN THE CONVERSATION

To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment