TYLER (KYTX) - A groundbreaking ceremony was held Tuesday for the new Salvation Army Women's Auxiliary building.
The new 3,750 square foot building will be placed beside the New Spence building on Spring Street.
The facility will heated and cooled, with an overhead door at the back parking lot for loading and unloading and a front façade resembling the New Spence.
The building will house the clothing donations and allow the Women's Auxiliary to have numerous sales similar to the "Designer Sale" they had in September that generated $4000.00! An exclusive building to the clothing allows for more sales with more merchandise.
It also creates more room for more donations of furniture in the New Spence building. Ultimately, this new building will allow for more opportunities to raise much needed funds for The Salvation Army which will go to support the programs and service that they offer.
The Salvation Army Tyler Women's Auxiliary is one of few auxiliaries that owns their own buildings. The buildings are paid for with fundraisers and building fund donations outside of the $120,000 that the auxiliary commits to The Salvation Army each year. All bills and maintenance are paid for by the auxiliary.
The Salvation Army Women's Auxiliary isn't a social club but it is a service club. Each of the ladies is dedicated to giving back to the community with service and funds. Many of the ladies husbands, sons and grandchildren give of their time and talents to help the auxiliary reach it goals.
Anyone interested in learning more about The Salvation Army Women's Auxiliary is highly encouraged to attend the reception following the groundbreaking. For more information contact Jackie Stroud at 903-571-1720.