LONGVIEW (KYTX) - Senior time is ticking down and soon these seniors will be college freshman. Many are sorting out how they will pay for that education but there are some that haven't started.
Pine Tree ISD Lead Counselor Bill Irvine says there is still time but the time to take action is now.
"There's no need to panic. There is need to pay attention to what your school's counseling department is putting out "
Irvine says regardless of how much or how little you've prepared, there are 3 things you need. A completed Free Application for Federal Student Aid, or FAFSA form, letters of recommendation, and transcripts ready.
"That will go a long way and will go a lot faster than running to the counselors office saying I need this. It will take us a day to turn it around. Especially if there's a flood of other students."
He then advises students to check with your school's counselor's office daily. Pages upon pages of national, state, and local scholarships are still available.
even more are added each day.
"Going through the lists, taking the applications home, and doing them. Keep the deadlines in mind, that's the most important thing. The deadline is the deadline."
Deadlines that are quickly approaching.
Scholarships still available. Courteous Spring Hill ISD.
- TILF Texas Interscholastic League Foundation: TILF provides scholarships to students who participate in UIL academic and music competitions. TILF disburses over $1 million in scholarships each year and more than 60% of our applicants typically receive awards. The basic requirement of the TILF scholarship is that a student must compete at the UIL ACADEMIC STATE MEET or qualify as an OUTSTANDING SOLOIST at the TEXAS STATE SOLO AND ENSEMBLE CONTEST (TSSEC) at least once in their high school career and MUST plan to attend a Texas college or university. Applications will be accepted via the TILF web site (www.tilf.uiltexas.org) If you have any questions, please contact the scholarship coordinator at email@example.com MARCH 3, 2014-JUNE 20,2014 DEADLINE
- Texas Nursery and Landscape Association Education and Research Foundation Scholarship: Students interested in studying programs related to the nursery and landscape industry are encouraged to download a copy of the 2014-2015 TNLA Education and Research Foundation http://www.tnlaonline.org/uploaded_files/2014-2015_Scholarship_Application.pdf The standard TNLA Scholarship award is a $1,000 one-year scholarship award. Other TNLA Scholarship awards, varying in amounts are also available. MARCH 14, 2014 DEADLINE
- Longview Regional Medical Center Auxiliary Scholarship: This scholarship was established for the purpose of providing financial assistance to eligible high school students who (1) are pursuing a career in a medically related field of study and (2) can demonstrate a need for financial assistance. Scholarships are awarded in the amount of $500.00 per consecutive semester up to a maximum of four semesters. The student must maintain a 3.0 GPA each of the four semesters and remain in the medical field. Applications are posted on the senior scholarship board in the College and Career Center. MARCH 24,2014 DEADLINE
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association Scholarship Association: The Texas Trial Lawyers Association is now accepting applications for the 2014 Scholarship Program which is dedicated to assisting students who have proven the ability to do college level work, yet may not be able to obtain financial aid through traditional sources. These true-need-based scholarships of $1000 each are awarded to high school seniors statewide. Applications are posted on the senior scholarship board in the College and Career Center. MARCH 30, 2014 DEADLINE
- East Texas Antique Tractor and Engine Club, Inc. Scholarship: The East Texas Antique Tractor and Engine Association is offering two $500.00 scholarships to graduating high school seniors with a plan to pursue higher education. Applications are posted on the senior scholarship board in the College and Career Center. MARCH 30, 2014 DEADLINE
- Longview Lions Club Annual Nursing Scholarship: The Longview Lions Club Annual Nursing Scholarship is an annual award of $500.00, payable to Kilgore College, Letourneau University, or UT Tyler on behalf of the student, for one academic year of study to pursue a nursing career, on the first day of classes. Successful students may reapply for this annual scholarship. Applications are posted on the senior scholarship board in the College and Career Center. APRIL 1, 2014 DEADLINE
- Junior League of Longview, Inc. Scholarship Application: The Junior League of Longview is offering a scholarship to aid young women needing financial aid to further their education. Applications are posted on the senior scholarship board in the College and Career Center. APRIL 1, 2014 DEADLINE
- Gregg County Area Go Texan Scholarship: $18, 000 over four years. 78 scholarships awarded (one scholarship awarded to each of the 68 Area Go Texan counties). Scholarships are awarded at the Area Go Texan Scholarship Banquet in May. Apply online athttp://rodeohouston.com/scholarships APRIL 1, 2014 DEADLINE
- Hearing Loss Association of America: The Longview Chapter of Hearing Loss Association of America (HLAA) will be awarding a $500.00 scholarship in 2015 to a greater East Texas area hard-of-hearing high school senior pursuing a college degree or vocational training.
- Peter Pasula Study Habits Scholarships: $500.00, One Award. To be eligible for the Study Habits Scholarship a student must be attending an accredited post-secondary institution by the fall of 2014 that is two years in length or longer. Students must answer the essay question on the online application form. For more information, visit http://www.mortgagebrokerscoquitlam.com APRIL 1, 2014 DEADLINE
- American College Foundation Visionary Scholarship Program: Multiple winners ranging from $1000 to $5000, apply online atwww.AmericanCollegeFoundation.org APRIL 1, 2014 DEADLINE
- Marsha Martin Scholarship presented by Texas Farm Credit: Texas Farm Credit established a scholarship program for seniors who are graduating and pursuing a college degree in an agriculture-related field of study. The organization awards five, one-time scholarships in the amount of $2,000.00. Applications are posted on the senior scholarship board in the College and Career Center. APRIL 1, 2014 DEADLINE
- Lola Faye Wilson Scholarship: The members of the Kappa Mu Chapter of the Delta Kappa Gama Society International would like to invite any graduating senior girl who is planning on majoring in education to apply for the Lola Faye Wilson Scholarship. This is a one-time award of $500.00 given to a senior girl who wants to become a teacher. Applications are posted on the senior scholarship board in the College and Career Center. DEADLINE APRIL 2,2014
- Don't Mess with Texas Scholarship: Any Texas high school senior planning to attend an accredited Texas college or university next year and currently attending public, private, or home school may apply. One $3,000 scholarship and two $1,000 scholarships will be awarded this spring to students planning to pursue a two- or four-year degree at an accredited university or college in Texas. Applications are posted on the senior scholarship board in the College and Career Center. DEADLINE APRIL 4,2014
- Longview 2020 Forum Scholarship Application: The Longview 2020 Forum is offering a $1000 scholarship to any senior who will graduate in 2014. The applications will be reviewed based on academic performance, extracurricular activities, and need. Applications are posted on the senior scholarship board in the College and Career Center. APRIL 4, 2014 DEADLINE
- Longview-Greggton Rotary Club: The Longview-Greggton Rotary Club is awarding one $1000 scholarship per semester for 4 years ($8000). Scholarships are provided for undergraduate study at colleges and universities and the payment is posted to the student's college or university account. Applications are posted on the senior scholarship board in the College and Career Center. DEADLINE APRIL 11, 2014
- Spring Hill PTA Annual Scholarship: Applications are posted on the senior scholarship board in the College and Career Center. DEADLINE APRIL 11, 2014
- Longview-Gregg County Retired Teachers Association College Scholarship: Applicant must be a graduating senior at a public school in Gregg County or the surrounding area and related to an active or retired Texas public school employee. Applications and more information are posted on the senior scholarship board in the College and Career Center. DEADLINE APRIL 15, 2014
- Upshur Rural Electric Cooperative Corporation (URECC) Scholarship Application: URECC is offering 2 four-year $4,000, 2 two-year $2,000 Technical/Vocational, or 30 $800.00 scholarships to graduating high school seniors whose parents/legal guardians are active members of URECC. An active member is defined as someone who is receiving electric service from URECC with the membership in the name of the parents/legal guardians. Applications are posted on the senior scholarship board in the College and Career Center. APRIL 15, 2014 DEADLINE
- Junior Achievement of East Texas Scholarship Program: To be eligible for the Junior Achievement Scholarship a candidate should have completed or will have completed by spring graduation a Junior Achievement High School program, be a high school senior who will be graduating at the conclusion of the current school year, and be qualified upon graduation to enroll in an accredited two or four-year college or university. Applications are posted on the senior scholarship board in the College and Career Center. APRIL 15, 2014 DEADLINE