Seven people lose home, belongings in Longview apartment fire

 
LONGVIEW (KYTX) - Seven people lost their homes or belongings in a duplex apartment fire in west Longview on Monday.

Firefighters responded to the fire around 11 Monday night at 803 Scenic Drive. Fire Marshal Johnny Zackary says the fire started in Apartment B but heavily damaged Apartment A before firefighters contained the fire.

"It was an unattended cooking fire," Zackary says.

No one was injured.
Zackary has released the following statement: "At or around 10 p.m. on July 28, Longview fire crews responded to a duplex fire at 803B Scenic Drive. The fire was caused as a result of unattended cooking; the resident's were not in the kitchen at the time the fire started. A curtain that was hanging between the kitchen and living area, kept the smoke and fire concealed to the kitchen at the onset of the fire. Once the resident heard the fire they were able to exit the structure. The Red Cross responded to the scene to provide assistance for the 4 residents (2 adults, 2 children) in the A side of the duplex and the 3 residents displaced on the B side (2 adults 1 child). The fire caused approximately $55,000.00 in damage. Fire Fighters attacked the fire aggressively and kept the fire from entering the attic and the adjoining duplex. The unit B side sustained damage to the kitchen and living area. The A side sustained light smoke damage to the remainder of the unit. No civilian or FF injuries reported."


JOIN THE CONVERSATION

To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment
TRENDING VIDEOS