A Texas 10 Most Wanted Fugitive was captured in Kentucky, according to a DPS press release issued Wednesday.
Herman Henry Fox, a Baton Rouge, Louisiana native, had been on the run since July of 2017. The U.S. Marshals Service in Kentucky, along with multiple agencies, located and arrested Fox near the city of Murray.
Fox has an extensive criminal history ranging from robbery, assault, and battery of a police officer.
So far this year DPS and other agencies have arrested 23 Texas Most Wanted Fugitives and Sex Offenders and $56,000 in rewards has been paid out.
To be eligible for the cash rewards, tipsters MUST provide information to authorities using one of the five following methods:
- Call the Crime Stoppers hotline at 1-800-252-TIPS (8477).
- Text the letters “DPS” – followed by your tip – to 274637 (CRIMES) from your cell phone.
- Submit a web tip through the DPS website by selecting the fugitive you have information about, and then clicking on the link under their picture.
- Submit a Facebook tip at http://www.facebook.com/texas10mostwanted by clicking the “SUBMIT A TIP” link (under the “About” section).
- Submit a tip through the DPS Mobile App. The app is currently available for iPhone users on the Apple App Store: (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/texas-dps/id902092368?mt=8) and for Android users on Google Play: (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.microassist.texasdps&hl=en).
As a reminder, DPS asks that no one attempt to apprehend fugitives. They are considered armed and dangerous.
© 2018 KYTX-TV