Triplex fire victims try to pick up the pieces

LONGVIEW/GREGG COUNTY (KYTX)  - Three families are looking for new homes after fire tore through their apartment building Wednesday.Fire investigators say the fire started here in the kitchen of unit 127-A  in a South Longview  Triplex. That was Moshonda Davis' apartment unit.
 "When I came up here I didn't think it would look like this."
 It's Davis' first time seeing her home since yesterday's accidental grease fire.
 "Everything just burnt up."
 Everything but a few clothes and shoes...gone. She had no insurance.
"We don't have nothing we've got to start from the bottom and try to work our way up."
 While her neighbors are forced to find other homes too.
 "There's no lights, water or gas."
 This is the second time in 2 months Brian Hewitt says he's had to move because of a fire in a     neighbor's unit.
 "I'm just going to move to another place and out of this residence."
 The 3rd fire victim was moving his furniture into his mom's house who lives a few doors down.
 No one got hurt, but victims  worry about what happens next.
"My kids what are they going to wear, what are we going to eat, where are we going to stay?"
"One of the hardest things Moshonda says she going to have to do is try to find the words to explain to her children what happened to all of their toys."
"Kids Wii game, my 50 inch flat screen TV, my computer, the kids TV"
 With the help of family and friends, Moshonda says she hopes things will eventually start to look up.
"I guess, just leave it in the Lords hands is about all I can do right now."


JOIN THE CONVERSATION

To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment
TRENDING VIDEOS
More Stories