Two children suffer burns in Longview house fire after gasoline ignites

LONGVIE (KYTX) - Two children playing with stored gasoline inside a house are hospitalized with burn injuries. One of the children was taken to Dallas' Parkland Burn Center.


Longview Fire Marshal Johnny Zackary says the children , ages one and three were playing with the gas stored near a water heater. The vapors touched off the flame from the water heater igniting the fire.

Zackary said a one year old child was taken to Dallas after first being transported to Good Shepherd Medical Center. The other child who is three, is suffering from minor burns and is hospitalized in Longview.

Firefighters responded to the home at 610 Idylwood Blvd. about noon Monday.

The extent of their injuries is not known at this time.

Firefighters contained the blaze by 12:30 p.m.

Zackary reminds people not to store any type of gasoline inside a home, and should be kept in a building away from the house.

 


JOIN THE CONVERSATION

To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment
TRENDING VIDEOS