UPDATE: Brookshire Grocery Company has released a statement about the beef recall.
PFP Enterprises, LLC issued a voluntary recall this week for a specific lot of "Texas Meat Packers Seasoned Beef for Fajitas" due to possible contamination with E. coli bacteria. Several Brookshire Grocery Company stores in Texas including Brookshire's, Super 1 Foods and FRESH by Brookshire's were identified as those that had received some of the product which was packed in December 2013.
All product involved in the voluntary recall has already passed the expiration date of Jan. 13, 2014, but BGC stores have been instructed to be sure there is no possibility of product still in company stores.
BGC officials encourage any customers who may still have this product with UPC number 0085411300189 and "use by" date of 1/13/2014 to return it to their local store for a full refund.
Consumer safety is of utmost importance to Brookshire Grocery Company and encourages any customer to return product to their local BGC store if it is included in this recall.
TYLER (KYTX) - A beef recall announced February 4th, has been extended to more stores, including some in East Texas.
PFP Enterprises, a Fort Worth, Texas, establishment, is recalling approximately 15,865 pounds of beef products because they may be contaminated with E. Coli.
These stores have been added to the recall:
Super 1 Foods, 2301 W Loop 281 in Longview, Super 1 Foods, 602 Jefferson Park in Mt. Pleasant, Fresh 6991 Old Jacksonville Highway in Tyler, Super 1 Foods 3828 Troup Highway in Tyler.
The following products are subject to FSIS recall:
- 10.5-lb. boxes of Beef Outside Skirt Steak, with a pack date of "12/13/13"
- 20-lb. boxes of Studio Movie Grill Beef Tenderloin Sliced, with a pack date of "12/05/13"
- 15-lb. boxes of Pre-seasoned Beef for Fajita, with a use by date of "1/13/14"
- 40-lb. boxes of Southwest Style Beef Skirts, with a pack date of "12/5/13"
- 20-lb. boxes of Patterson Food Processors Beef Skirt Seasoned, with a pack date of "12/9/13"
- 10-lb. boxes of Pre-seasoned Beef for Fajitas, with a pack date of "12/9/2013"
- 40-lb. boxes of Pre-seasoned Beef for Fajitas w/Binder, with a pack date of "12/9/2013"
- 12-lb. boxes of Seasoned Beef for Fajitas, containing 6 2-lb. packs, with a use by date of "1/15/14"
- 12-lb. boxes of Mexican Style Beef for Fajita, containing 6 2-lb. packs, with a use by date of "1/11/14"
For more information on the recall, click here.