As storms rolled through the I-20 and I-30 corridors Tuesday afternoon, reports of downed power lines started coming in, leaving at least 1,500 people without power in southeast Tyler.
Dispatchers said the following lines were down due to high winds as of 6pm:
- The 1900 block of FM 14 in northern Smith County
- Barksdale Street in Lindale
- The 1800 block of County Road 178 near flint
Oncor was dispatching crews to fix the downed power lines as reports came in. Emergency workers are urging people in the affected areas to use caution near the downed lines.
Trees and tree limbs have been reported down at:
- The intersection of FM 2767 and Barber Road
- The overpass on Highway 64 E in Arp
- The intersection of County Roads 192 and 180 near Noonday
The Smith County Sheriff's Department said deputies were out directing traffic as necessary around 7:00 Tuesday night. County workers were continuing their attempts to clear trees from the roads so that drivers could go through safely.