UPDATE: Longview Fire Marshal Johnny Zackary has identified the man killed in Thursday afternoon's house fire at 522 Idylwood Boulevard.
Emmit Brook, 91, of Longview, was found dead in the home. Zackary said multiple electrical devices including a space heater were plug into an overloaded electrical plug behind furniture in Brooks' bedroom.
A 68-year-old man who was also in the home escaped with minor burns and smoke inhalation, though he was taken to Good Shepherd Medical Center, Zackary said.
LONGVIEW/GREGG COUNTY (KTYX) - An elderly man has died in a house fire in the 500 block of Idylwood Boulevard in Longview, according to Longview Fire Marshal Johnny Zackary.
Firefighters responded to the fire at about 3 this afternoon and found flames in the front of house, Zackary said. Another resident at the home was able to escape with minor burns.
No other details are available at this time, and the fire remains under investigation. CBS 19 has a crew headed to the scene.