There’s good news for the almost 99 percent of eligible Smith County voters who didn't get a chance to make their voice heard during early voting.
Polls will be open across the county from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Tuesday.
At stake for voters countywide is a $39.5 million county road bond to repair Smith County infrastructure, but there are also city level elections in Arp, which will decide whether to allow liquor sales, and in Whitehouse, which will decide nine issues related to the city's charter.
Also on the ballot are seven state constitutional amendments including those that would ease restrictions on home equity loans, allow tax breaks for surviving spouses of first responders killed in the line of duty, and require courts to notify the state if they declare a law unconstitutional, among others.
Only 1,517 of Smith County’s 124,460 residents cast ballots during the early voting period, marking one of the worst turnouts in recent years.
The road bond, if approved by voters, would add .7 cents to the current Smith County tax rate. The debt service portion of the tax rate would increase from 3.16 cents per $100 property valuation to 3.86 cents.
The tax impact is an estimated increase of $11.61 annually, based on the current average home value in Smith County of $165,841.
The money received from the bonds would be used to pay for Phase I of the six-year road plan and would cover major county road and bridge projects over three years.
ELECTION DAY VOTING LOCATIONS
- Bell Elementary, 1409 Hankerson St., Tyler
- New Harmony Community Center, 10586 FM 724, Tyler
- Rose Heights Church of God, 2120 Old Omen Road, Tyler
- Old Tyler Airport, 150 Airport Drive, Tyler
- St. Louis Baptist Church, 4000 Frankston Highway, Tyler
- Red Springs Fire Department, 16759 FM 14, Tyler
- Boulter Middle School, 2926 Garden Valley Road, Tyler
- Chapel Hill High School, 13172 Hwy 64 E, Tyler
- Glass Recreation Center, 501 W 32nd St.Tyler
- St. Violet Baptist Church, 1412 FM 2767, Tyler
- Heritage Building, 1900 W Bellwood Road, Tyler
- Crossbrand Cowboy Church, 11915 FM 2015, Tyler
- The HUB, 304 E. Ferguson Ave., Tyler
- First Baptist Church, 304 W. Front, Arp
- Jones/Boshears Elementary, 3450 Chandler Highway, Tyler
- Bullard First Methodist Church, 204 Rather St., Bullard
- TJ Austin Elementary School, 1105 W Franklin St., Tyler
- Flint Baptist Church, 11131 FM 2868, Flint
- Bethel Bible Church, 17121 Hwy 69 S, Tyler
- Hideaway Member Services Building, 101 Hide A Way Lane Central, Hideaway
- Dayspring Methodist Church, 301 W Cumberland Road, Tyler
- Lindale Public Library, 200 E. Hubbard St., Lindale
- Noonday Community Center, 16662 CR 196, Tyler
- Cameron Jarvis Library, 102 S. Georgia St., Troup
- First Baptist Church-Gresham, 16844 CR 165, Tyler
- First Baptist Church Whitehouse, 801 E. Main St., Whitehouse
- First Church of the Nazarene, 3700 Old Bullard Road, Tyler
- Mt. Carmel Baptist Church, 10519 FM 344 E, Whitehouse
- Three Lakes Middle School, 2445 Three Lakes Pkwy, Tyler
- Whitehouse Municipal Court, 311 E. Main St., Whitehouse
- Shiloh Pines Mobile Home Park, 2525 Shiloh Road, Tyler
- Starrville Church of the Living God, 18396 Hwy 271, Winona
- Dover Baptist Church, 21166 FM 1995, Tyler
- Victor Kay Gymnasium, 605 Wildcat Drive, Winona
© 2018 KYTX-TV